Today Nintendo Co., Ltd. ($NTDOY) announced the financial results for the fiscal year 2021 ending March 31, 2021.
Nintendo Video Game Units Sales at March 31, 2021
- SWITCH hardware 84.59 mln, software 587.12 mln
- 3DS hardware 75.94 mln, software 386.48 mln
- SWITCH hardware 2.103 mln, software 16.872 mln
- 3DS hardware 69 mln, software 499 mln
Making the Switch platform as mobile (Lite) was a good choice and is quickly replacing the 3DS
Nintendo FY21 Earnings
- Net sales 1,758.9 bn yen, +34.4 YoY, of which hardware + software 11,700.0 bn yen, +35.6 % YoY
- Gross profit 970.4 bn yen, +51.2 % YoY
- SG&A expenses 329.8 bn yen, +14.0 % YoY
- Operating profit 640.6 bn yen, +80% YoY
- Dividend per share 2,220 yen, +103.7% YoY
36 titles including 22 Nintendo titles and 14 titles by other software publishers on top sales
Million-Seller 1st-party titles
– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 3.539 mln
– Animal Crossing: New Horizons 3.263 mln
– Super Smash Bros.Ultimate 2.384 mln
Life is all enclosed in emotions. One of these is certainly the satisfaction of making something that other people like: this is my pleasantness. My main professional attitude is to optimize, improve management and business processes, applications, services. In short words, Web | Tech | Projects Specialist Consultant.
I have been present on social networks since they began to be a tool of common interest: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (I love to publish and browse amateur photos that contain fragments of life). I believe in hashtags as much as I believe in aphorisms.